Earth Friendly Products Ice Melt is an environmentally friendly ice melting compound. Ice Melt’s all natural, 50% less corrosive, non-phosphate formulation is effective on melting ice down to -13 degrees F. It provides fast results on sidewalks, driveways and paths. Ice Melt also prevents ice formation when used before snowfall.
Contains: magnesium chloride hexahydrate.
- Packaged in a 6.5 lb. handled shaker
- Less damaging to concrete during freeze and thaw cycle reducing chipping
- 50% less corrosive towards steel next to leading de-icer at equal concentration
- Safe for pets and landscaping
- Prevents ice formation when used before snowfall
- Effective on melting ice down to -13 degrees F
- Ingredients:Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate, Calcium Chloride (2-3%), Potassium Chloride (0.5-1%). and Sodium Chloride (0.5-1%)
"Nearly 20 million tons, or one million truckloads worth, of salt is deposited on America's roadways each winter. This road salt raises salinity and reduces oxygen levels in local water, and it may also contain toxic metals like mercury or arsenic. Road salt can also dehydrate nearby vegetation and endanger animals that accidentally ingest it or step on its jagged granules. For your own steps and sidewalks, choose a non-hazardous ice-melt instead." -E Magazine